Sunday, October 3, 2010

Considering Modifications To Vitra Design Museum

I am thinking at the moment about the context which this re-design will be in, which is the Village Green at Uni. So, I would like to consider designing something that would be useful to the University as well as having elements of Gehry's Museum.
The types of buildings I am thinking of at the moment are:

- Wind Turbine: so that some of the university's energy is renewable
- Nightclub: could be a cool design, but maybe not needed because of UniBar and Roundhouse
- Public House (Pub): as above.
- Graduate School Building: Jeremy told me that a Grad school may be organised in the next 3 years so maybe it would be good to have a building in the middle of the Village Green for it!

I am leaning more towards the first and last ideas, as I think they will be of more 'use' to the University, which really in the end makes it a much more plausible project.

WIND TURBINE

NIGHTCLUB

PUB (ENGLISH)

No comments:

Post a Comment